Join our veterinary team at Ithaca Animal Hospital!
Veterinary Jobs in Ithaca Animal Hospital
Ready to start your veterinary career?
As Surgery Lead you will be heavily involved during surgery and will be responsible for evaluating our technical team, creating training plans, and supporting their continued growth/development.
To confidently perform in this role, we’re searching for candidates who have the following experience:
- LVT with 5+ years of hands-on experience in a small animal hospital
- Must be highly skilled in anesthesia and dental COHAT / radiographs
- Prior leadership experience with an interest in training and development
- Strong communication, organization, animal handling, and technical skills
- Desire to uphold and build relationships with the local community
- Ability to lift approximately 40lbs
Primarily responsibilities will include:
- Anesthesia induction and monitoring
- Assisting the doctor during appointments and procedures
- Blood draws, IVC placement, and sample collection
- Maintaining and sterilizing surgical equipment
- Injection and medication administration
- Performing routine laboratory tests and taking x-rays
- Patient handling and restraint
- General outpatient procedures
- General hospital cleaning
- Support staff training, development, and mentorship
- Supervise performance, attendance, and punctuality
- Provides effective conflict resolution as needed, coaches and participates in giving and receiving direct feedback
- Receptionist duties as needed: greeting clients, monitoring phone lines, booking appointments, preparing files, updating patient files, processing payments, etc.
We value the education and skill level that a LVT brings and will reflect this in compensation and benefits as well as utilization.
- Competitive hourly pay from $21+ BOE
- $2,000 sign-on bonus
- CE allowance $500 the first year, $1,000 annually thereafter
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k options
- Life insurance and disability
- PTO and vacation time
- Great team culture
- Training and career growth potential
- And more!
Take the first step by applying today!